Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

twinning issues on 3300 MCD 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
We have some personal ring groups set up with the desktop and hotdesk users. One user has a cell that is out-of-area and this customer uses account codes for LD and his handoff isn't working.

His desktop is 4233 and external hotdesk is *4233, both are in personal ring group 4233. How do I get around the sccount code issue. This customer does have some fax numbers (station 4351, for example) excluded from account codes and I was thinking about CPN substitution, but what I tried didn't work. Any ideas?

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE
Mitel 3300 MCD, 5000 4.0, 3000

Not sure what you are asking for.

If you want something that doesn't need to enter an account code for log distance that is COS based i.e give *4233 a COS that doesn't have forced account code in it or give it a COR that allows long distance.

Either you system is set to force account codes or your phones have a COR that doesn't allow LD. They then use verified account codes to temporarily change the COR to allow LD.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

are your account codes a requirement of your phone system (you have to enter the code before you can dial a long distance call) or a requirement of your long distance carrier (you enter the account code after you dial the number)?
if the latter, then I have had success in creating a modify digit entry that uses as a final, <T01> (wait for the carrier LD prompt) and <A01> (insert the account code). there are a couple of types of account codes and I don't remember which one you use (I am on my home computer so don't have easy access to a system)
Then you can put an entry in digits dialed that specifically handles the one number to use this route. This would allow anyone that dialed that number to complete without an account code. if that is a problem, then you could create an entry that dialed something weird like 9*9 and have ARS strip that and insert the real number. that way only if you dialed 9*9 would the number be dialed with the account code.
it gets a bit much if there are lots of them, but if only a one off, no problem.

@RossBC - Your Question is very good but your solution would only work for analog trunks.

I know how to make this work with digital trunks but I'll wait for the answer before I invest the time.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The account codes are being generated at the Telco/LD, and aren't on-switch account codes...but that isn't the issue, I found out.

We generated a ticket with Mitel and after testing Mitel says this was a glitch they thought they had fixed with this release...

Apparently the external hot desk user I set up as an extension for the personal ring group won't send over seven digit's for some reason. They tested it through system speed dial and through forwarding and it works, it only fails with the external hot-desk user.

A work-around I had found was to direct the external hot-desk dial-out number to another DID on the system that didn't require account codes and to program the out-of-area cell as the actual number for the DID...sloppy but it worked. Mitel TS did the work-around a different way, they redirected it to another DID and used system account codes to insert and send to keep it clean...I would not have thought of that one...

Mitel said a patch would be forthcoming in a couple of weeks...

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Also, RossBC...

Mitel TS played around with that very thing also...thanks for the reply...

NCSS NCTS NCTE

kwbMitel...instead, you chose to invest the time on an unhelpful answer???

NCSS NCTS NCTE

@Crowtalks,

Not unhelpful IMO. If you required the Telco solution I would have provided it but it would have taken me close to 30 minutes to document and explain it. Instead I chose to point out that the solution offered by RossBC was only good for Analog trunks so YOU would not waste YOUR time if you had Digital trunks.

You did not provide the trunk type. Why should I have to guess?

kwbMitel...point taken...didn't realize an answer would have been time consuming...

I attempt to be thorough but apparently I overlooked a couple of items that could be key to an answer...

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

@Crowtalks - if you don't mind, I could use some more insights into how this is working at all. Is it that your CPN substitution would have worked but couldn't due to an independant issue with the EDHU.

It does not make sense to me that the EHDU can magically override LD codes required by the Telco.

kwbMitel

My coworker for this customer stepped in with the conversation with Mitel TS, for I had to go, and later he told me that Mitel had found a workaround using in-house account codes. I haven't used them so I didn't understand how they achieved this.

I'll find out details from him and look at the switch and then let you know...you know how it goes...by the time the third person tells it, it is nothing like the original...

Crowtalks

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I will give you a short version of how this is done on digital trunks. You can then look to see if this is what Mitel did.

- You need 2 ARS Call Progress tone detectors.
1 - to tell the system that you have stopped sending D-channel signalling
2 - to tell the system to send subsequent digits with DTMF

- You need An Account code set up on the system (either default or system)

- You need to set up your ARS so that required devices use specific routes when dialing LD

- The modified Digits for that route will insert Final Tone Markers (post digit dialing) of something like <T01><T02><A01>

<T01> Tone Plan 1 (Stop D Channel Signalling)
<T02> Send Digits As DTMF

<A01> would send System Account Code 1
<D> Would send default account code associated with extension via Station Attributes form
<E> would send Extension Number

KWB
I have used this on PRI's numerous times. Not sure why you feel it will only work on analog trunks.

RossBC, I just re-read yours and I must have missed something earlier. I can't be right all the time you know. Gotta keep you guys on your toes.

It will work that way most times on PRI. It's best to have 2 Call Progress tones to get the timing right,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back