Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to make phone pickup prime lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulistic

Technical User
Feb 7, 2008
US
I cant make the phone pick up a couple lines just by picking up the handset. I have two lines, appear and ring in pool a. I have the set prime to pool a. handsfree auto hf answerback = y. I realize at this point my problem is that the lines arent ringing on the particular set and I think it is because of a ringing service that is applied to the system. I am not too sure of how to do ringing services. anyways, I checked the ringing groups and the set is assigned to the ringing group but im lost at this point. can someone give me some tips please?

Thanks

Be clear....cant pick a line out or answer an inbound call?.
Make a set ring is under Sets/LineAccess/LineAssignment
On older software when you assign a line press next twice to get to ringing.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

inbound call. set to appear and ring under line assignment. it makes you select the ringing line manually to pickup an inbound call.

The way any call to a set is suppose to work is if it rings at the set then you can pick up the reciver and answer the call but if you are using a headset you have to press the ringing line. Can it pick up intarnal calls and not external?

Cook is right, if the line rings at that set, then picking up the handset will answer the call, unless you're on another call, or on a headset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back