Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trying to duplicate old Partner ASA feature.... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I replaced a very old Partner 2 today in what should have been a slam-dunk until we got to the 'oh yeah I told you I don't use VM during the day but...' part of the conversation.

Apparently these guys used ASA (automatic system answer) to answer a call after xx seconds and put it on hold till someone grabs it. So a call comes in, couple of rings, message plays saying wait till someone is available, and then the line appearance continued to flash until someone grabbed it. They are in the habit of putting caller A on hold to grab caller B and asking them if they mind waiting for a second.

I currently have all the call routes pointed to a hunt group that rings for 15 seconds or whatever and then goes to an overflow hunt group that has a user that is basically a mailbox playing a greeting. I am wondering if there is a way to duplicate the ASA feature. If anyone has thought about this I would be interested in hearing their thoughts. "Getting used to the new way" won't work; they will pull the IP Office and put their old Parter 2 back in before they make radical changes.

Another twist is that they need a night service button type functionality that plays a separate greeting than the ASA does (or did...). Just to be allowed to leave and go home I created a time profile to an auto attendant that says what they want it ti say but they don't want a time profile because the times they leave in the evening change. I swear I am ready to put the Partner back in and wish them good luck... but if anyone has a more positive suggestion I appreciate it.

For the ASA during the day simply turn on queueing in the hunt group. Record a queueing meassage and you have that one licked, except for tweeking some of the timing for them and possibliy putting a queue alert button on the phones.

Night mode can be to just give them a button that places the hunt group out of service and have it go to the HG voicemail box. That might be too simple for them but it works. Just remeber that the HG voicemail box that covers to voicemail is always the first one the call rings to not the overflow ones.

Mark G
Avaya SMEC - ACSS

If the calls are queued, can someone who is on a call grab a second one?

Use "Collective call waiting" and give the user 3+ CA keys.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

For the night button, just create a second hunt group with (1) member that is forwarded to the attendant (make sure forward hunt group calls is checked). Then, add that group as the night service fallback group for the first group. Now, put a set hunt grp to night service button on x10 for the main group. If they push that button, it sets the main group to night mode-which overflows to the new group- which is call fwd to the attendant.

I tried the set fallback and it didn't work. I have the overflow group set up which I have always tested by calling all 3 - the group, the short code that unconditionally forwards the extension, and the extension - all three answer with the greeting I want. I have them set as overflow on both the hunt group and the incoming call route. When I put logout buttons on the phones (there are only three of them) it forces the overflow to the AA greeting instead of the announcement that plays on the calling group during the day, but I have one remaining problem. That I know of...

When everyone is logged out, the inbound call will overflow based on the timer. It continues to play the announcement associated with the first hunt group. I thought there was a combination of settings that would allow the overflow group to play immediately but it is not happening. I swear I set it up identically at my office for test purposes and it went immediately. I am wondering if the fact that I am using collective with call waiting as my group type is part of the problem? That is the only difference I can see between my office setup and the client. Plus I think I am using DND here and login/logout there if that makes a difference.

turn off queueing on the HG

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

You will never directly emulate the workings of another system, systems have evolved to a more efficient way of working, so should they. You can get close but rarely the same. When using a collective group if you turn overflow timer off and use no answer timer it works as you want :)

amriddle - I agree with you 100% but this person doesn't. She would probably still use rotary dial phones if she could. I will try your suggestion this AM - three days deep on this - thats like a day per phone - I'm setting a personal record on this one :)

Setup Collective Call-Waiting Huntgroup
Turn off Queueing.
Turn on and Record announcments.

Call comes in, agent phones start ringing immediately if not on a call, if on a call then second/third call appeareance button shows incoming call. Just make sure the combined call appearance buttons of the agents number more than the number of incoming lines or concurrent calls.

Caller hears as many rings as you want, then hears recorded message, then hears MOH, then hears a second recorded message after 20secs (or whatever you set it to), and repeat forever or until voicemail time-out if VM is on for the huntgroup.

That part of it is working. What I am tweaking is the switch between the day mode of collective calling w/ announcement and what the night service button used to do. I have tried the hunt group of of service with no luck; as close as I have gotten is having everyone just log in and out (there are only three of them so no big deal.) Once they are all logged out the overflow timer still seems to control the call flow, so the announcement answers and then the AA message plays. I am going on site now to try what amriddle suggests.

You need to setup incoming call route with Huntgroup as the destination and the AA as the fallback.

Then create a user button to put the hungroup in/out of service.

amriddle - the no answer instead of overflow did the trick - works perfectly - thanks so much. Found out these guys just changed from MS DOS to Windows last year. Where do I find these people???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back