Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trunk line not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashboosh

MIS
Mar 2, 2008
SA
Hi,
I have 2 trunk lines in my BCM50, one of them not functioning correctly. I opened the BCM Monitor while calling the problem line, The line just blinked with 'connected' and went 'idle'. this happens 2 or 3 times until the call ends. the call is not accepted by Autoattendat. User cannot pickp this line also.

But I checked this line pulling out of the PBX, found working.

What could be the cause of this? Where should i start diagnose?

Thanks a lot.

Is this a new install ?
I would do as tnphoneman stated.
I would check the line again with a butt set.
Do you have license for 2 analog trunks ?

if yes to all reboot

It's only dialtone-VZ

Thanks for your replies. As this device was installed at remote site, I have no physical access there. The keycodes are Active and enough. I have 4 trunks Keycodes. Can be done any other test to check the ports through BEM?

Thanks again

If you reboot the BCM50 does the problem go away? If so it is likely a patch issue. Though this would be an older sw rel of BCM50.

Consulting -
If You're Not A Part Of The Solution, There's Good Money To Be Made In Prolonging The Problem.

Rebooting didnt solve the issue. Which patch can be installed? Please mention the number and available source?

Thanks a lot

U need to verify the trunks into the system r working correctly before u can say it's the equipment

The software version is:
System name: bcmm50r3
System SW version: 6.0.2.05.237

Thanks

If this was just installed
Maybe it's a bad amphenol ?
or bad pair on your frame.

It's only dialtone-VZ

Actually, this was an old frame. The BCM50 which was installed previously had problem and this new system was a replacement. Inshort, the BCM50 is new, the amphenol, cabling was old.

What i dont understand is, when we dial to this problem line, in the BCM monitor it shows 'incoming' and 'connected' for a milli second and goes to 'idle'. It repeats 3 or 4 times until the incoming ring ends. The BCM sensing to the incoming call.

My problem is i have no physical access to this system. My only tool is BEM and BCM Monitor. Anything else that i can diagnose?
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back