Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with Entering Data into Subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

oraclejunior

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
GB
There is a Main Form

The main form has buttons on the top to open appropriate subforms for record creation/viewing and updates.

Also has a navigation tree subform on the Left hand side that is always visible but not operational for navigation at the moment.

Problem that occurs is that when I click on the Navigation tree and then click into a text control in one of the subforms I cannot type in text but I can select from combo boxes.

Please advise.

If the combo boxes are not bound it is possible that your recordset is not updateable. Check the query the subform is based on. Also check that 'Allow Edits' is not set to 'No'.

oraclejunior . . .

Agree with [blue]Remou[/blue].

To tell if the recordset of a form/query is undateable have a look at the AddNew button
AddNewEnabled.BMP
, if it has that disabled look
AddNewDisabled.BMP
then the recordset is uneditable!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

The Subforms that I am trying to enter data into are unbound and reside within the Mainform for new owner, new register, update owner and update ragister.

The subforms are not based on a query and are currently totaly independent from the navigation tree subform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back