Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with call Monitoring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyMc509

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
US
We have a definity G3 with Service Observing Basic active. I have set up a COR to be monitored and another one to monitor. When I use it, there is a beep heard on the monitored line and then additional beeps every minute or so. Can the tones be eliminated so that calls can be monitored without the monitored person knowing when they are being monitored?

In the system-parameters features is an option to turn the beep off.
(Service Observing: warning tone? Y)
set it to N and the beeping is gone.
You can find this in release 9.5 on page 8

note
caution.gif

The use of Service Observing features may be subject to federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations or require the consent of one or both of the parties to the conversation.
Customers should familiarize themselves and comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations before using these features.

Please let me know if this was helpfull.

Greets, Bob

I had the same problem last week with some new call master 5's that I installed.

The service observe warning tones were disabled in the system parameters and I was still getting the beeping noise.

I had to move the jumpers underneath the phone to the off position and believe it or not this resolved the problem.

- Dave.

Thank you BOTH for your helpful posts. With this being something new that my company is looking into to monitor customer service calls, I have never seen the warning tones option before. Once I changed this the tones were gone. Thank you both very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back