Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Triskaidekaphobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael52x

Technical User
Oct 4, 2005
US
Happy Friday the 13th!
Is anyone here?
Are you hiding at home?
Im at work, and I am getting stewed!
Better head home early.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Where do you work, that lets you get drunk during the day?

Chip H.

Why is Friday 13th considered to be a bad day? Has anything really bad ever happened on such a date?

Paraskavedekatriaphobia, I believe, in this context (yes, I did have to look it up) ... ;-)

I always proclaim to love Friday the 13's just because.
I have a way of making the best out of bad situations, so when everybody is paranoid I get to have a lot of fun. =)

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Arrest of the Knights Templar by King Philip IV of France on Friday October 13, 1307?

I never eat Triscuits on the deck of a boat on Friday the 13th.

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

Flap: "I never eat Triscuits on the deck of a boat on Friday the 13th."

Why?
I apologize for my lack of knowledge of superstitions if that is a common one. Or do you just get sea sick if you eat on a boat? =)

~

Triskaidekophopia is what the Freudian types call the fear of the number thirteen. My earlier post was meant to be taken in jest.

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

>Arrest of the Knights Templar by King Philip IV of France on Friday October 13, 1307?

I'd blame Dan Brown for that one ...

Was Dan Brown the pope then ?

Jeez how time files.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

@Flap

Ahh, right over my head. So far above it I didn't even hear the whoosh.
I thought that it was more related to the Triscuits than to the 13th.
Like the black cat's path, or walking under a ladder, regardless of what day they are on.

~

Actually, I have a high volume work load because field techs can't fix simple stuff. I am drowning in printers, and as such, get a little hyper. Boss said to take a break, have a beer and a smoke, then while cogitating a particular problem, the solution arises. I may know everything about printers, but with so many models, and makes it is hard to keep all that info at the front of my mind. Even I go to the manuals, as well as this most excellent site! { there are others too, all meritous}
Caught the recent spate of food poisoning over the weekend, so just getting back to work.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Status
Not open for further replies.