Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TreeView Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayv

Programmer
Feb 27, 2001
CA
Is there anyway of refreshing the treeview control control after deleting a node without having to load the whole tree again. Documentation on TreeView is really bad. Any help is appreciated. First of all I cant find a method for deleting a node like the AddNode in the node collections so I detect node cliked get its key and delete record from dbf, but treeview does not reflect the deletion, only if I reload the tree again, this works, but could be slow when a lot of nodes present. Thanks in advance

I don't remember the details but Doug Hennig of Stonefield has a white paper on controls including this one. I'm sure you'll find it helpful. John Durbin
john@eps-software.com
MCP Visual FoxPro
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

here is Doug's article:

It is a quite clear document on how to use the treeview.

HTH,
Weedz (Wietze Veld)
veld4663@exact.nl

They cling emotionally to code and fix development rather than choosing practices based on analytical assesments of what works best.

After the GoldRush - Steve McConnell

Hi,

If you search the VB help in the MSDN on the treeview control, there is explanation regarding the methods, event and properties. There is also a treeview sample for foxpro that you're able to download from the Knowledge Base.

YJ

Thanks guys, finally got it working, but really documentation on activeX controls is lousy to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back