Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translation sync for SREPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonemax

Vendor
Sep 24, 2009
US
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to synchronize the translations of a PPN to a fiber connected SREPN. I have found very limited documentation on the subject.
The only thing I have found suggests running the command 'reset system 3 preseve-license' but this has had no effect.

Thanks

srepn is a stand alone g3si that will run your port carriers that are in a DS1C remoted EPN connected to a g3r.

The EPN is programmed in the g3r

The SREPN is programmed on the SAT of the g3i and the carriers are in cabinet 2 and will match card for card and port for port with the g3r EPN programming.

So, you must manually program the g3si, stations, features, trunks, etc. to transparently take over the port carriers if the DS1C facilities cannot communicate with the g3r.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

The Survivable Remote Processor is a stand alone as stated above. You should seriously consider upgrading. In the S8xx platform the survivable processors can automatically obtain the translation set from the primary servers over the network. Typically SRPs are neglected and rarely have a correct set of translations to allow for a smooth transition.

agreed about the upgrade however that is not an option at this time.

If you look in doc
DEFINITY ECS Release 10 Installation and Maintenance for
Survivable Remote EPN 555-233-121

It states the following on page 68.....

If you use the reset system 3 command to read the PPN translations to the SRP:
1. Type reset system 3 preseve-license and press Enter.
This command preserves the SRP License File, which matches this SRP’s
hardware identification number only, but duplicates PPN translations.

To me that would mean that I could pull over translations to the SRP. I have had very very little experience with SRP systems so I'm not really sure what the reality is. If anyone has any further insight to this I would really appreciate it.

I have a difficult time understanding how Avaya could have even sold this solution to anyone, ever, if the PPN and SRP would not sync up.

Thanks

It works as I stated. What you are reading into that would be magic.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

So then any time I make a change to a station, trunk, hunt etc... I need to update the SRP manually as well?

You got it. That is correct.

bsh

What it is talking about is to use a compact flash and move it between SRP processors and restore the translations by resetting the processor to pull in translations. Since you are probably a center stage G3R, this means you could update the translations on one SRP, save the translations to flash, and then use that flash to copy translations into the other SRPs. This is assuming that you want to use the same translations on each SRP. This is obviously old technology. With Communication Manager the translations can be automatically pushed to all the ESS/LSP servers over the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back