Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translation of inbound ISDN CLI to customer name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bujitsu

MIS
Oct 23, 2003
AU
Hi,

I have an Option 61C with Rel 4.5.

Is it possible to translate inbound CLI to customers name for the text appearance on the M3904?

For example: inbound CLI on ISDN = 02 9999 0000
PABX looks up 029999000
and finds: 029999000 = "Best Customer".

So that the text "Best Customer" is displayed on the M3904.

Regards

Not sure on a system wide issue, but users can designate certain numbers in the personal directory option of the 3904's. options, scroll down to personal directory, add, enter number, then name you want to display

Thanks for the reply, that is what we are currently doing. We have about 1000 numbers and 2000 telephones. So going around and programming individual telephones is not an option.

I know this is easy on an Alcatel, but appears Nortel cannot do it.

I'll say if there is a way, I don't know of it, and not real sure if it was available, that I would want to add that sort of administration to my already full plate.

On an Alcatel the 1000 names can be imported in via Alcatel OmniVista 4760 administration software in about 10 minutes.

Why is this basic feature so difficult on Nortel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back