Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transffering out of mailbox to another 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multitech

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Hi, I have a Norstar Voice Mail 4.0. My question is can I transfer out of one mailbox to another? I know with Flash you can enter * then mailbox number and it will tranfer to another mailbox. I tried that in the NVM 4.0 and pressed #. Neither did not work. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Did, you get the "exiting the system, goodbye" message? If so, you need to go in to the greeting table (probably 1) and set "Return to AA" to yes. By doing this it will allow you to press the * key and go to another mailbox.

Good Luck!

To build on what Roldan said:

1. Press F983
2. Enter your admin password, press OK
3. Press AA
4. Press GRTG
5. Press AA
6. Change setting from N to Y

That should fix it!

Guys,

I have the exact same problem. I turned the vm menu on.This does not help. I tried resetting the vm. I tried all kinds of combinations to get back to another extension. I believe what you guys are talking about is when I am in my mailbox, I can certainly leave messages in multiple mailboxes. I am not able as a caller to leave several messages for other mailbox owners.

Please advise. Thanks.

C

Phonesanddata,

When you press the * key, are you getting the "Exiting the System" recording? What voicemail do you have?

Hi Rolan,

Thanks for responding. I have NAM4.0. When I'm in a mailbox to leave a message, when I press *, I hear "recording erased, exiting the system."

Thanks,

C

Phonesanddata that is what was happening to me. The tips that Roldan and Bob905 gave worked. Thanks Roldan and Bob905 for your help.

Guys,

I tried changing the N to a Y in GRTG,AA,Y... I tried changing to Y then I tried N, Still no luck. Are you guys sure this is where this feature is changed? I am under the impression that this applies only for mailbox users. I will be checking it again soon.

C

Also make sure in F982 Attendant available is turned on. Sometimes that will interfer with the * when getting out of a mail box. It happens!
Tony A.
Antel Communications
1-866-767-5288
norstar@cox.net

Hi Tony,

The attnd is available thru F982. I cannot see hw this could have something to do with my problem. I am looking for somebody to tell me affirmative if AA Menu has to do with a caller exitting out of a mailbox after leaving a message and how that is done,i.e."#" or "*". Thanks for your input.

C

Phonesandata,

I am positive that this is where you change the setting, if you follow the steps posted by Bob904 this should work.

Guys,

I appologize. I was totally mistaken. This is a Rel2.0 Vmail. What do I need to activate this feature? Do I need to upgrade?

C

Phonesanddata,

Your 2.0 isnt giving you this option? Or is it just not working when you change from No to Yes? Try reseting your VM. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point.

I checked several other sites with 4.0. I continue to have this frustration with this feature. I am just not able to exit out and leave a message for more than one person. I found this to be true on both the 2.0 and the 4.0.

I checked the "return to AA" which is set to Y. I tried resetting the NAM, Still not able to make this work.

I am looking for the NAM expert's help!!!!!!!!!

C

Guys I found the answer I was looking for. Ther are two options for return to AA. I thought there was only one. One for the greeting and one for the AA.

Thanks for all your help!

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back