Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfered calls not displaying extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrogers

Technical User
Apr 10, 2012
US
I'm having an interesting issue with VM:pro and IP office 8.

When people answer the main line and then go to transfer the call, it is still showing up as a call from main. We are using VM:pro to route calls based on a time schedule. During the day it's set to transfer to a hunt group named "Main" that includes the secretary and a couple of other extensions. If the secretary answers the call and then goes to transfer it, it still shows up as a call from main. I would like it to show which extension the call is being transferred from so that people know to answer the call.

Is there some setting that I am missing? The only change we've made is using VM:pro to route all calls so we can holiday schedules and have an auto attendant.

That is the mysterious way Avaya thinks it has to work, it is hard to explain to customers migrating from versions older than version 4 were this was changed. It is not related to your VM actions.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Not on my R8 system it doesn't, it also shows the transferring users name in brackets :)

Can you shed some light on how you have yours setup?

Well, Avaya does change some things without document it so maybe depending on the type of phone and / or software version. I only get the complaints of customers which had a upgrade from a older version using 54xx and 56xx phones. New customers don't notice as it is as it is.
I have never take a look at it with other phones or software levels so if my first response is not correct then it is to my best knowledge.
I will install a new system tomorrow and will spend some time on this to see how it works on the latest versions and with the 14xx and 96xx phones.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

We use 14xx, 16xx and some 96 etc, perhaps the 54 series don't :)

I'm having the same issue on an install using existing Nortel T7316E sets. Doesn't pass the extension info, only the calling party info.

ACIS
ACSS
APSS
CompTIA Convergence+
CCNA
CCVP
I'm also ShoreTel certified :(

When the handset isn't a current model but a legacy handset like 54's or Nortel sets etc then the firmware doesn't allow the way the information is formatted on the current handsets screen so it just shows the CLI, well that's my guess anyway, but sounds about right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back