Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disable extension to extension calls 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartedge1

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2013
NG
We want have 5XXX range of extensions on Avaya ip office release 11 and only permit calls to only 5015 extension . We tried code 5XXX feature barred , telephone number 5XXX on the user short-code and code 5XXX feature barred , telephone number blank on the user short-code but not working . What else can we do ?

I tried the auto dial option suggested by @ westi but it did not work . I just want to find a way to do this even if its not officially documented by AVAYA .

The problem is that the system is not designed to have multiple tenants on it. So blocking calls from extension to extension is not there.

you could try and setup a user shortcode
N;
dial
N
ARS number

and a second one
dial extension
line ID doesn't matter

that might work but they can still dial via directory if you don't hide the Users from it

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

@westi , i made these changes on two users but it is not working . I removed the two users from the directory and put the shortcode on the user which i called from. Surprisingly, the call still went through to the called extension despite pointing to ars . Do i need to do remove all users from directory before it works ?.Is this issue peculiar to only me because i am using communicator to dial ?.

the directory disable is only so that nobody can look it up and click dial but if the shortcode is not working anyways then the point is moot

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

NUSN, ENABLE_INTERNAL_BARRING, User SC 2XX/barred, it's unsupported but it works

@ IamaSherpa your method worked . I believe this forum is an asset to AVAYA .I really appreciate everyone that takes time out to help others on this forum .You guys are the real champions .

@iamasherpa now's clear your "official" statement, just tried it works fine with wildcard xx either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back