Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to busy line not going to voicemail 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2006
US
HI folks - long time no see- mostly because things are running pretty smoothly which is good. But I have an odd thing that I'm not sure what to do about. I have a 3903 on a 61C release 4.5. I have 2 SCR numbers programmed on it that I want to keep separate - line 1 does not rollover to line 2 by design. The same lady answers calls for both numbers and there are separate voicemail (Callpilot 4.04.04) boxes for each DN.

The receptionist cannot transfer a call to line 2 (key 1) if it is busy - her console (2250) won't even let her release the transfer. I would have expected a transfer to the busy line to go to voicemail like a transfer to line 1 (key 0) does. Am I missing something in programming?
Or should I be doing this differently like with a small ACD or something?

Both lines are DID and published numbers. The goal is for this lady to have her personal number (key 0) and also take calls for the Incentive line (key 1) Neither DN is programmed anywhere else. Callers to the Incentive line need to think of it as its own entity but we didn;t want to put 2 phones on Nice Lady's desk.

Thanks!

Code:
REQ PRT 
TYPE: tnb
TN   4 0 10 10
DATE 
PAGE 
DES  

DES  3903  
TN   004 0 10 10 
TYPE 3903
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0 
FDN  7000
TGAR 7 
LDN  NO
NCOS 7 
SGRP 0 
RNPG 3 
SCI  0 
SSU  0000 
LNRS 16 
XLST 
SCPW 
CLS  CTD FBD WTA LPR PUD MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD 
     MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
     POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
     CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD 
     ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
     GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD 
     CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD 
     DDGA NAMA 
     DRDD EXR0 
     USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN 
     CDMR 
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO  0 
HUNT 7000
LHK  0 
PLEV 02 
CSDN 
AST  
IAPG 0 
AACS NO
ITNA NO  
DGRP 
MLWU_LANG 0 
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0 
KEY  00 SCR 7521 0     MARP
        CPND 
          NAME Nice Lady
          XPLN 25 
          DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
     01 SCR 7566 0     MARP
        CPND 
          NAME Incentives
          XPLN 25 
          DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
     17 TRN 
     18 AO6 
     19 CFW 16 
     20 RGA 
     21 PRK 
     22 RNP 
     23 SSU 0000 
     24 PRS 
     25 CHG 
     26 CPN 
     27 CLT 
     28 RLT 
DATE  6 JUN 2012

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

It's busy because LHK = 0. But you don't want LHK = 1 due to the lines needed to be separate.

I would create 7566 on an analog TN and MARP it there. Make the HUNT and FDN go to VM. Then 7566 on the M3903 set becomes just an appearance. Might have to do a Mesage Waiting workaround to get the light to light on her phone when a message is left.

Can I make that a phantom 500? I don't have any 500 ports free but I do have a few licences and a couple spots on a phantom loop

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

No, I believe phantoms have to be single appearance. You could build a 3903 on a data TN and MARP it there or on a switchroom phone or something. Just needs to MARP on another set that will FDN and HUNT to VM.

cool! thanks again!

Cool Hand Luke said:

OK I ended up just marping that number to a spare key I had on my set as an mcn. I'll never nocitce it and if I do I won;t worry about it.

However, like you seemed to indicate up there, her message waiting light doesn't come on for that 7566 number - what do I need to do for the work around?

Thanks!

Cool Hand Luke said:

can I just add her other number to her voicemail box as an extra number? that way no matter what, if a message gets left it will light that lamp - and she already knows to check both mailboxes if the lamp is lit...

Cool Hand Luke said:

You can add a XMWK to show the light. Yours would be Key 2 XMWK 7000 7566

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Thank you folks - got it done and happy customers.

Cool Hand Luke said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back