Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer recall timer on the 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickcacc

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
I searched thru previous threads, didn't find anything that gave a definitive answer to this issue so I thought i'd open my own. I've tried many things myself but to no avail.
On the 3300 MCD Rel 5, is there a way to have different transfer recall timer values other than the one on the PRI, for an external call transfer, and the stations for an internal transfer?
My latest install needs the ability to vary the transfer recall time depending on department. Unlike most, this site is almost using no voicemail to reroute to.
Is there a way to do this or at least some work around to achieve this? Thanks !

Surely you can have different transfer recall timers related to COS of the sets as well as the trunks? Each COS has its own timer section. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean.....

Do you mean forward no answer timer?

From what I've been told and from what I've tested, the recall timer used is from whatever originated the call. If a calls comes in on the PRI, then throughout the call the trunk COS recall timer is used. If a station originates the call then it's COS timer is used.

@ sarond....no, the recall timer, which is responsible for transfer recall to the transferring party.

Nickcacc, your observations agree with my experience

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks kwbMitel, I really like the 3300 but this part of it really sucks sometimes. I guess it's based on their belief that everyone will have vmail and reroute to it as opposed to recalling the transfering party.....

Interesting. I will have to check. I would think the transfer recall time would be from the transferring device, i.e a VM port or the console. Having it under the COS of the originating device is I agree "stupid".

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Loopy, post up here if you find anything different, thanks !

My testing also shows it tied to trunk COS.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I have been through this with Mitel, and it is tied to the originating device COS, so if it comes in on PRI, even if it then goes to a vmail port and is handled by an AA, it will still recall according to the trunk timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back