Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer incoming calls to voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4free

Technical User
Jan 12, 2001
CA
Our PBX is Nortel 61c and Voice mail is Octel 250. The access number to voice mail is 6789. The switch console is 2250.

There are two groups of subscribers in the voice mail system, 2### and 6###, while the 6### user has corresponding extension on the PBX and 2### doesn't.

So when incoming calls need to be transferred to 6### users, receptionist simply transfers the call to that extension. But what should operator do when calls need to be transferred to 2#### users? (There are hundreds of 2### users so I don't want to create extension for them.)

I think there is a way we can set up on the switch console so the operator can extend the calls to 2### voice mailbox directly. Highly appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

can you just route 2 to mail with a maxp 1 acd? it would be faster then 1000 acd's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry, I am not quite understand it.

Create an ACD "2" to point to 6789?

In meridian mail we set up an express messaging number so we can transfer directly to a persons mailbox. You will need to look for a feature like this in octel.

It's not a meridian mail, it's a Octel box linked to Nortel PBX.

It sounds like the Oper has to dial 6789, wait for answer, then use the crummy EES key so she/he can input the 2XXX ailbox number and then release the caller to speak the message

If you could get a couple of the ports in the Octel configured as DID trunk ports, you could create a CDP stearing code, example 4444. Oper dials 44442xxx, steering code 4444 points it to DID trunk route that has a few lines from a UTC trunk card into Octel. Octel answrers call and DID trunk spits out 2xxx and the mailbox is hit.

TEKIMG.gif

Thank you all for the help. GHTROUT's post about EES is the fix for my problem. Have a nice day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back