Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Call without Answering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyronejr

Technical User
Nov 26, 2011
US
Hi All

I have a client that has IPO 9.1.12 with VMPro and One-X. They have a high call volume during a 1 hr period. They would like to be able to transfer a call without answering using One-X or the phone. This would be for their DID. I am working to train them to not do it this way. I thought I would throw this out there to see if there is a way and to stop beating my head against my desk.

Thanks

You (or rather a user) can't. But if what your saying is you need to some cakes when you have a rise in number waiting then there are options; hunt group overflow, queueing with a queue limit set and VMPro configured to route calls over a certain number. Where would you want the extra calls to go?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

They would like it up to their discretion. They like to be able to pick and choose who they send directly to voicemail. So while Sales person 1 is on the phone and his "$100,000" a month client calls he wants to make sure the client gets a person right away. I have told them it is not possible but I know there are people smarter and much more experienced here.

The only way to do this that I know is using soft console (receptionist software), which permits you to drag and drop a call (transferring it) without actually answering it.

GB

Thank you! Greybeard and sizbut. That's about what I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back