Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transaction Codes & Descriptions extract to Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapminer

MIS
Nov 12, 2002
US
Does anyone have a method of extracting SAP Transaction Codes and Descriptions to Excel.

Try table TSTCT, which can be accessed via TCode SE16.

Hi Kershul,

Great to see the result.[thumbsup]....wow...I was tring to do this from a long time.

please give me more such tips. [thumbsup2]

gururaj

Glad to help with anything specific that may come up. Most of what I have learned I picked-up from someone else or stumbled across after many hours of frustration. That is what makes these forums so useful.

Hi Kersul,

Can you help me do this task in the most simplest possible manner.

1. find out the current users logged in the SAP system.

2. Each user is working in how many sessions.

3. Kill one of the sessions.

4. What happens after killing session.

5. Give the authority to one of user so that he can only see the users logged in but cannot kill the session

HI,

The points 1,2,3 can be done using st04.
4. After killing the session the user is logged out.
5. I thinf you'll have to set up an appropriate profile to do this using pfcg.

Bye. regards.

I get these mixed up also. To many T-Codes.
Isn't Basis fun??

ST04 is for the database performance.
SM04 is for the User List.
If you have Application Server SM04 is on for the server
you are logged into.
To display all users you can use smlg and select Users from the GOTO menu. But you have to use SM04 to kill their sessions.

Hi,

Thanks Larry & Mankind. That was really useful.

Hi,

I am back with more problems, I am installing SAP for the first time and I get this message "DBRESETDATABASE_nt_ORA SvrmgrDoDummy 2 728 Return from DB: 3113". I am staringstaring at this msg from last 4 hours. Can you please tell me if this is normal or if there is any problem in the same.

Regards,

gururaj

Sorry, I can't help you on your DBRESETDATABASE_nt_ORA error msg.

I might add a response to your earlier question about just displaying users, try tcode AL08.

Kershul

Thanks Kershul. I was able to perform the entire task.

Why do we need two software components-ABAP processor and screen processor..is there any specific advantage by having 2 instead of one??There can only be one doing both jobs.

if you double click on the field value in SU01 --> profiles, it will tell you what table and what field your cursor is on. then you can go into the ABAP dictionary, display the table, and under utilities, there is a display table values., then system --> list --> save check spreadsheet, and save it to a local drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back