Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracing Which Trunks a Call is Going Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmtb

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
Hi, I'm getting into a right mess here, does anyone have a step by step guide into tracing which trunks a call is going out over.

We've got ars by location routing, and we use the Time of Day tables to give us PGN#'s.

I have users making calls over trunks they shouldn't be and before I start making changes I want to confirm that I am right in my assumptions.

Thanks

list ars route-chosen xxxxxxxxxxx#

where x's are the number you're dialing

You can do a list trace station xxxx if you want to check a station.
You see everything he types and also what trunk the call choose to go outside

Thanks Telcomwork, thanks for that : if I do that I see the route pattern is P50. I then display Partition-Route 50 (correct me here if I'm wrong), this gives me headings showing Route Index 50 and the relevant PGN numbers (1-8).

From here do I then look what is showing below the relevant PGN for the relevant COR. (For example below PGN shows 1), I then list route pattern 1 (in this example) and then see the trunk the calls go out on ?

Thanks

Thanks sgroepie - I suspect it's quite a few stations - guess I can always set a trace up on one of the stations to prove it either way. (Typically they aren't on site here, otherwise I could run the test myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back