Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Total number of calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairball1

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
I need to know if there is a method for getting a total summarized count of all calls for any given timeslot. Example would be...all internal, external, did, & atttendant calls etc...for 12/20/05 00:00 thru 2300 hours.
Anybody out there know of a program or load that this can be accomplished with?

You may want to purchase CDR software package. You could pump out the call data to a PC or printer and go through them that way but that may be a little time consuming if needed all the time.

Before you purchase any software make sure what CDR packages you have in your system.
LD 22
PRT
PKG

It's only dialtone-VZ

If you are looking to get info for 12/20 and do not now have CDR or traffic collected some where, you are out of luck.

For future needs, follow vztech's advice

to set up cdr, ld 15 chg cdr in ld 15, set up a tty with cty as user in ld 17 and in ld 16 modify the routes so cdr is=to yes, the next prompt will ask for the tty number. when you turn on cdr in 15 you can include internal for all sets with a yes or no, but the default for each set is internal call details denied.. so each set you want to track internal needs to be changed to cls icda.. if you have otm, that has a cdr package, not a very good one. i use a macro to sort raw data by dept (des) and dn.. it's pretty basic but a good excel person could dress it up..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I should of indicated that I already have a CDR software running. It is called INFORTEL for windows. Also have traffic software running, its called Trafficview. But, it seems like I possibly could not be getting all the data that I would like to see. We have all the routes built etc...but when we are compared to other Healthcare Institutions equal in size, our system is reflecting about 40K less calls per month. So I was looking for maybe a load that would just show " xxxxx calls connected for any given timeslot to compare to the data given on my CDR and Traffic software.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Hairball1

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that to compare!
You need to have an idea of what you're trying to compare first.
If you're trying to compare a straight record count of all calls with other similar sized Healthcare Institutions and they don't have Meridians then what records are included will be completely different (for example on a Meridian if a call is transferred more than once CDR for then CDR for the first transfer isn't normally given whereas it maybe for other PBX types, also Meridian can turn off Internal CDR etc.)
If you've got Operators I'd first start off with comparing the traffic of first presentation of calls to the operators (this will both be given out in the CDR and in summarised form from the traffic port) and see if that's the same as traffic to the other Healthcares providing you both don't have automated operator attendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back