Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

total newbie needs help with operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGarvey

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
US
Hey All,

I found this forum doing a google search and this looks like the right place for me.

I'm a Network Administrator who has also been tasked with operating the phone system. I have *no* phone experience, so I'm trying to fumble my way through this stuff learning the terminology as I go.

The present problem I'm trying to solve is this: when someone calls in, our operator picks up, transfers you to the requested extension, and the caller either talks to the person at the extension or leaves a voicemail. If leaving a voicemail, there is an option at the end to hit 0 and go back to the operator. When this option is selected, I get a recorded message that there is no operator available at this time. What needs to be changed so the caller is sent back to the original operator?

Also, is there a good "beginner's guide" to understanding Merlin systems, from an administrative point of view? Something that might define that basic terms used (ie- trunk lines, DID, DISA, auto-attendant, etc) The documentation I was given is pretty slim. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

-JoeGarvey

What type phone and voice mail system do you have? If unsure of the release of the phone system (assuming it is a legend or magix), press speaker and dial *05. The display will show the release. Press speaker again to hang up. (If your system defaults to an outside line, select an intercom button first...*05 is meaningless on an outside line!) Drop me a line at patj@lazertel.com with this info and I'll send you a couple of cheat sheets.

Thanks for the assistance. After dialing *05, I found I have: Legend 2.1 V4.9

How do I tell what version my voicemail is?

-JG

I'm in the same boat, if you could do the same I would appreciate it. jerimiah@vaforklift.com
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back