Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner programing - Help 2

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
It's been a while since I have worked on a legacy Avaya Partner. I just added a 206E to a B&B for a new 7 unit building.
I was able to copy programming from one of their existing rooms for the 7 new rooms (1 spare port +206E).
They are using single line analog phones which I cannot get to ring for internal calls.
I can turn ringing on and off per line but where is ringing for direct internal calls between rooms? I would have thought the programming would follow from the phone I copied (the copied phone rings).
What am I missing?

So it should be the right phone? Just with a RJ45 connector?
I forgot about the two pair issue. That complicates things but if DND is on I can go back to analog phones once I turn it off.

My personal preference would be to use system (Partner) phones, but each application is unique.

It should be noted that Avaya discontinued the Partner platform a while ago. Available hardware will be used, but less expensive than new equipment.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

From the Manual

Do Not Disturb (F01) 8
Use this feature to be able to press a programmed button to prevent incoming calls for the
extension from ringing (lights still flash). When Do Not Disturb is on, outside callers hear ringing
while inside callers hear a busy signal. You should use Do Not Disturb only if someone answers
outside calls for your extension when you do not answer them.
Considerations 8
Do Not Disturb is available only on system telephones.
■ Do Not Disturb requires a button with lights. When the Do Not Disturb feature is on, the light
is also on, indicating that the telephone will not ring.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back