Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Too many Skills....ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polska1979

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
GB
Morning all

My client has ordered 25 NGNs for a new campaign to run 3 months. They have employed 25 temp agents to staff these lines.

No problem so far, routed to individual VDNs etc. Routing using EAS-MIA. However the client wants 25 seperate skills, 1 for each NGN....and each of these skills to be assigned to each agent.

Obviously this is for reporting purposes.

It just isnt sitting right with me though, I cant help thinking there could be a better way of doing it. ANy thoughts?

and also, is there any pitfalls of having an agent with 25 skills?

what version of CM do you have? ver 5.0 and up can do 60 but this is not really the correct way. do it with VDNs leading to a common skill.

I know what you are saying but then you would have to run SLA against each VDN your AHT will include the vector steps wouldn't it?

Yes it will include vector steps, but it depends on how you write the vectors. I use an intermediate VDN and vector to do the forced announcements and items that could affect the AHT.

Incoming VDN -> Initial Vector
Initial Vector
Time of Day check
Holiday check
forced announcments
route to queue VDN

Queue VDN -> Que Vector
Queue to skill xx
first announcment
wait x amount of time
emergency check
second announment
loop back to wait x amount of time

do the reporting on the Queue VDNs, this way the steps does not really count, they are really quick.

Ok, so using this method how would a call that say - queues for 150 seconds, affect your average handling time?

It would add 150 seconds to it wouldnt it. Hardly fair on the agent.

Best practice is surely to do your aht on your skills rather than VDN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back