Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tone on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickGravel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2014
CA
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way to program a tone when a caller is held. Our problem is that when a caller is held they get no tones and they hang up.

Thanks for help

you can have music on hold...

so if you want tone, you could record a tone, create a music route, music trunk, xcon your player that has the tone recording and configure the system to allow music on hold...

So when I when I was a student and worked at Purdue as an operator on their SL100/Option 81C, they recorded the double tone from the Norstar system that was located in the phone room. Unfortunately people started confusing the double hold tone as a call waiting tone and were constantly hanging up. So Purdue eventually went to providing actual music on hold. Why not just get some online free music, and then record it and do exactly what YYRKROON says above?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

I just noticed that my Iphone gives me a double tone for Call Waiting, the exact same tone that a Norstar makes for a hold tone. I would definitely recommend doing something different than a single or double tone. The millennials will all think they have another call and hang up while they are on hold.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

I thought there was a switch option on a circuit pack that gave you the tones. I think it was the DTR but I have to go look

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Those tones were for conference and on the TDS card if I recall

The TDS/CONF cards have an option for a tone on conference calls but not for hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back