Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tone-On-Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

FicBen

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
I believe our coupler for Music-on-hold has died. Until I get a better source, I want to change it so that callers here the tone while on hold. We are running CM 3.1. I changed the option from music to tone on "cha music" yet I still do not hear the tone when placed on hold. I also verified that COS has n for data restriction.

In the ACD groups, I changed it to "wait time 30 seconds hearing silence" but still don't hear the tones.

Any suggestions? Perhaps I need a specfic card in my 650?

FicBen,

if you set "hearing silence" in the vector, a caller will be hearing silence. what tones do you expect?
if you have an announcement board, record some music as an announcement, upload it to the board and use announcement extension as a music source on sys fe page 1.

Try the following:
"change system-parameters country-options"
Go to page 4 and enter the following settings,

Tone Name Cadence Tone
Step (Frequency/Level)
hold 1: silence Duration(msec): 100
2: 404/-11.0 Duration(msec): 50
3: silence Duration(msec): 50
4: 404/-11.0 Duration(msec): 50
5: silence Duration(msec): 4000
6: goto Step: 2

This will create a hold tone. You will hear this if your music source is set to tone.

Sorry, I'm stressed from personal issues to the point I can't think... I did have my vector to "wait 30 seconds hearing music" and still no "doop-doop".

I don't have a page 4 of cha sys country. I have Tone Detection Parameters to Mode 6 and Interdigit Pause as short.

I need coffee....... and a good child custody attorney!

I'm on CM 2.2 - you can get to that screen by typing:

change tone-generation 1

where 1 = your location based on the following screens:

ch locations
ch location-parameters 1

Thanks! That did the trick! If our music source craps out again, I can change it to tone until we get another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back