Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tone key on M2250 console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaktabu123

Programmer
Apr 13, 2010
US
Can any one please help on this? Customer says they had tone key on console which they used for paging . When I ask them if that was PAG and there is no PAging route defined.
They say it was working. Nothing changed except system was upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0.

Just print the Console out and look for keys that dial a route access code or paging DN.

When you find it, it will be a WAT or COT trunk, or a DN.

Otherwise, find the paging amp, and figure out where it connects to the PBX.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

This is an internal Paging programmed as L500.
Customer said that when they dial 6080 from 2250 console then receptionist would hit the tone button followed by the pager number.
I dont know how it was prgrammed earlier all I see is Key 3 has SSC 0000.

I tried EEST yes it doesn't work

Please help

If the customer hit a "Tone" button, that key was called "EES" on the Console TN. KEY xx EES ~~ End-to-End Signaling key (cannot be key 0 or 1)

"EEST" in the CDB is a courtesy tone - just lets you hear tones in your ear. It does not change how anything works. It is not related to your issue.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back