Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

to change a basic line pattern color,Black to spot color 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arshzafar

MIS
Jun 16, 2009
IN
Hi,All,
I would like to change a basic line pattern color,Black to spot color,
I am using edit color method in illustrator cs3 but during changing the the color i am facing an unexpected result,like created white space etc.Please suggest me other method.

...can you post a download link to the problem file (or a screen shot) in question as it would be a bit easier to problem solve?

andrew

...yep, now fixed, try this attached ai file (CS3), compressed into a ZIP archive...

...problem are the three patterns, gravel, Bird feet, Plaster/stucco/mortar...

...these patterns needed bounding boxes at the very bottom of the patterns, fill none, stroke none...

andrew

...if come across other patterns like this, you need to drag the pattern to the art board from the swatches, make a duplicate of the existing white box (control/command B) send to back UNDERNEATH, very bottom of hierarchy, and set that duplicate box to a fill of none and stroke of none...

...then, select the whole pattern again and drag back over the swatch (with the alt/option key held down to overwrite) in the swatches palette, all instances will update where used on the artwork, then re-color as normal...

andrew

...sorry, should really have said (copy + control/command B) to past in back...

andrew

Thank you very much for your tips its helped me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back