Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Syncronization

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hi

I setup NTP syncronization to our network time servers but I can't get it to recognize the daylight savings time settings in LD 2. When it syncs to the time server it sets the time 1 hour early which matches the time server time.

This is a CS1000E Cabinet with an SSC card and all TDM phones. No Sig Server so no Element manager. I set it up in LD 117. Release 5.0.

I have it disabled for now until I figure this out.
=> prt ntp
Primary IP Address: 10.249.0.1
Primary Key ID: 0
Secondary IP Address: 10.248.0.1
Secondary Key ID: 0
Minimum Threshold: 1
Warning Threshold: 6
Maximum Threshold: 16
Security Mode for Primary: INSECURE
Security Mode for Secondary: INSECURE
Time Interval and Offset: 24 30
Synchronization Status: INACTIVE
UTC Offset: -06:00
Mode of communication: CS

>ld 2
TFC000
.tdst
SDST ON
FWTM MAR 2 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 9/3/2008 )
BWTM NOV 1 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 2/11/2008 )

Anyone had any luck setting this up outside of Element Manager? I do have it working at another site but did it through Element Manager.

When you set daylight savings from the sig server it sets the time offset back 1 hour. For example in Alberta it should be -7 but when daylight savings is checked in the Sig server it sets it to -6.

Set your offset appropriately

I did figure that out by looking at another site. If I have daylight savings time setup in LD 2 does it automatically change the offset when daylight savings time ends?

So will this automatically change the offset in the NTP settings on November 2nd or will I have to go in and manually adjust it?

>ld 2
TFC000
.tdst
SDST ON
FWTM MAR 2 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 9/3/2008 )
BWTM NOV 1 SUN 2 (AT 02:00 2/11/2008 )

Yes, but a little clarification. The reason it is Nov. 2nd is because that date is the 1st Sunday in November.

The date is actually dynamic....Next year, it will be a new date of whatever the 1st Sunday is.

Next year it will begin on March 8 and end on November 1, but you will nto have to do anything since it is set to the 2nd Sunday in March and the 1st Sunday in Nov.

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Don't forget about the FREE E911 Webinar Oct. 30th!
Register online at

Has anyone with NTP setup and the DST option checked made it through a time change weekend without manual intervention?

The Element Manager NTP DST checkbox doesn't look to link to the FWTM/BWTM settings. If the box is checked it seems to just change the offset.

Our system BWTM worked fine this weekend, but...
The next NTP sync changed the time forward 1 hour and kicked out a "ERR0061 Delta between server and system clock exceeded" message.

Until Nortel corrects this, it looks like you have to disable NTP before the time change weekend, let the FWTM/BWTM settings adjust for DST, then change the NTP DST option so the offset is correct and restart NTP.

I posted earlier under "system time"
Had the same issue. I guess I will open a case with Nortel

I also had this issue and received a response from my vendor on this. Nortel has a patch for this issue.

Every site I had NTP Signaling Server set up, that was checked for Daylight Savings had to be changed manually today.

The response I got was that you should not check this, because the NTP server will make all the daylight savings adjustments. I removed and sync'd and it corrected the time.

John

There is a patch for that. on the sig serv, there should be no box to check if that is the excuse. I have the patch number and will post it tomorrow.

Mato' Was'aka

already posted. The patch number is MPLR26202. When the patch is installed you must uncheck the DST box in EM. This patch is specific for release 5.0. Leaving DST checked or unchecked with or without the patch is lame on Nortel, I guess a few more 2 cents on my part and I'm out a friggin cup of coffee.

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back