Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Profile Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaf1968

Technical User
Oct 28, 2003
GB
We have an IP403 system with an analog 16 unit attached. The time profile we have setup works ok but, a shortcode set up to set the huntgroup out of service does not work. Shortcodes work OK on our test system.

Also noticed when out of hours, a fresh look at the config shows the huntgroup still in service, even though it is not. Using VM Lite BTW.

Only thing I can see is the firmware differs on the 403 and the POTs16... IP 403 is showing 2.0(16) while the POT16 shows 3.3(34). Can't find a newer BIN file for the POTs on the admin CD..

Any help appreciated...

Time profiles DO NOT set a group to night service , they mearly send the call to the night service fall back position. (Sounds confusing & probably needs to br re-read a few times)

This means that if a group is manualy set to n/s it must be manualy cleared & will not be cleared by the time profile.
also if the time profile is in n/s you cannot manualy disable it.

Thanks for that...

Problem we have is that we need to use a time profile, but they want short codes to overide the time profile, for instance on the occaasional Saturday they want to take calls. I assumed a shortcode ClearHuntgroupOutOfService, would do this... works a treat on our test system but not on this IP403...

TIA

new BIN file for POTS is named napots.bin, ver. 4.0 (16).
As I remember it is on a Admin CD with the rest of bin files.

Looks like the guy who builds our vm servers may have been copying the wrong CD to the server... Contents show Admin CD v1.2... don't sound right to me....

ClearHuntGroupNightService will not ooveride a time profile.

A posible work around would be to creat a saturday group and set this as the OUT of Service group.

you should now be able to set the main grourp out out of service on a Sat & recieve calls.

Hi, thanks for that.

Most of the systems we support have a shortcode setup that allows them to set their main huntgroups out of service when ever they want too, for early finishes and training days etc. And another shortcode to return the huntgroup to in-service. Works fine for all the rest and works on our test system, but not on this one system.
Maybe I should try updating the firmware on the POTs16 box.
Strange also that the time profile sets the hunt group out of service as callers receive the OOS message, but loading the config from the IP403 whilst OOS shows the huntgroup still in service???

IT is not strange that the group shows as in service when the time profile is sending the call to n/s, the time profile DOES NOT set the group to n/S or out of service.
these can only be activated by short codes.

the time profile is a 3rd option that sends calls to the night service group.

As I said in my 1st post this can be confusing & probably needs reading carfully a couple of times.

unfortunatly I have no Idea why setting the group out of service does not seem to work, unless your out of service group is also using a time profile or gettingset to n/s / out of service by accident.

Thanks, now I understand. As we have it at the moment there is no out of service group set. Callers out of hours get the vmlite OOS message, which is fine.
How can I create a shortcode to enable them to allow calls through when they feel like taking them outside the hours set in the time profile.

Excuse my dumbness, a little green at this...

TIA

1) creat a NEW group for Saturday calls.

2) In the main group, go to fall back & select the Saturday Group as the Out of service fall back group, leave the Nightservice fallback group with its current settings.

3) create chort codes to set the hunt group in & out of service :-

Short code *90
Telephone number <number of main Grp>
feature SetHuntGroupOutOfService

Short Code *91
Telephone Number <number of main grp>
Feature ClearHuntGroupOutOfService.

This should resolve your problem

Thanks, will have a tinker with that...

J

Status
Not open for further replies.