Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie trunk inserting 104 and can't figure out why 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a CS1K 7.0 tie trunked to a CS1K 7.5. When calling from the 7.0 site to 7.5, watching d-channel monitoring, it is inserting 104 in front of all my calls and I can't figure out why. I have checked the CDP to RLB with no DMI table inserting digits. I checked the route and there isn't anything for the INST prompt. I took a look at ESN and only using AC1, which is 9 for outside access. What am I missing? I"m sure it is something simple.

I tested that from the 7.5 site, that is where I am now, and when that call goes out it still shows 104 in front of the extension I am calling at the 7.0 site.

Your RDB shows INAC YES.
Try changing it to NO at both ends.

In the RDB, is your SIGO prompt set the same at both ends? ESN5 inserts digits. STD does not.

Should probably be ESN5 at both ends, that's how I have always done it. Typically used for Nortel to Nortel

I changed INAC to no on both ends, made some test calls and still seeing 104 inserted before the called number. At one point I saw a call come across that had 105xxxx, which confuses me even more.

I checked and both routes are set to ESN5 for SIGO.

INAC should have nothing to do with a CDP call, only BARS. But the PNI may have some bearing.

Yes, PNI is 00001 on both systems. I went over the RDB and the only difference I can see is with the some of the CDR options.

Is this a brand new set up or something that was working and now it's not?

This has been in place for years and now the issue, the users say, is getting worse. Used to only happen once in a while, now the users are saying that it is happening a couple of times a day.

So some times you dial 5500 and it goes through fine and other times it does not?

The digits 104 are most likely coming from the SIGO ESN5 in the RDB. Change the SIGO to STD and test. You will need ESN5 for advanced Nortel features, but you can change to test.
I have also had corruption in the RDB. The programming was correct, but I had to take it out and reprogram to get it to work.

I think BillCorv is spot on, sounds like corruption. I think I would out everything on both ends, do a sysload and then put it back in. Probably got hosed up during one of the upgrades since they are fairly new releases.

Ok, thanks for the ideas and the help today BillCorv and KCFLHRC. I'll out and rebuild it this evening and see what happens. Appreciate your time.

THIS IS NOT CORRUPTION!!! Traveling NCOS is a feature of ESN5 signalling, 104 or 105 that you're seeing is... 1 is the PNI, 0 is the customer and the last digit is the traveling NCOS

yyrkroon - you are so right. You see it in TRAC, and I guess you see it in DCH messaging - but those digits are not really dial.

If you need to get rid of that, set ESN=NO in the route. The calls will still work, but you will be at the mercy of the NCOS of the other end of the TIE line you are on.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

I'll try setting ESN to no this afternoon and test, I'm not in the office this morning. Thanks.

I'm not sure if setting ESN to NO will stop the TCOS, but changing the signalling to STD instead of ESN5 will definately stop it.

In case you havent figured it out yet if Trunk is set ESN5
10 = voice
4 = NCOS 4

Digits are dropped at far end not used in routing but say you pass the call to PSTN the NCOS could be used for barring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back