Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie trunk inserting 104 and can't figure out why 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a CS1K 7.0 tie trunked to a CS1K 7.5. When calling from the 7.0 site to 7.5, watching d-channel monitoring, it is inserting 104 in front of all my calls and I can't figure out why. I have checked the CDP to RLB with no DMI table inserting digits. I checked the route and there isn't anything for the INST prompt. I took a look at ESN and only using AC1, which is 9 for outside access. What am I missing? I"m sure it is something simple.

So if I change the signalling to drop the leading 104, then the incoming call won't have any NCOS on it? If that is true then I won't be able to change that and I'll have to start looking else where on this issue.

If you have Site A and Site B and you're using ESN5 signallying - When Site A call Site B, TCOS (traveling NCOS) goes along with the call to Site B. If the call terminate on Site B, no issues. If the call attempt to go out to the PSTN or tandem again, TCOS come into play.

Same scenario as above, but with STD signalling - When A call B and terminate on B, no problem. When A call B and out again, B NCOS and restrictions will be taken into consideration.

If you want to use ESN5 signalling, you have to take the entire voice network into consideration. STD signaling, you only look at the individual site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back