Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread940-1545655 - after entering craft password, the phone is restarting. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crymy

Technical User
Feb 9, 2016
DE
thread940-1545655

I found this thread, but no solution so far. I have around 5 phones that came from the field. They are all set in VLAN6. I'am trying to connect to them using craft password, but after entering the password, the phone is restarting. Any ideea? Thanks a lot!

Resetting means the password is wrong, so it's been changed from CRAFT :)

Thanks! And there is no chance to reset it to default? :(

You need to watch what address they use to request a 46xxsetting.txt file while they are starting up and then provide them with a file from that source that contains a SET PROCPSWD (if I recall correctly) line setting the new password. The address from which they request files will also give you some idea of whether they are using DHCP and following the IP Office file server settings or not.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Indeed, you might want to find the dumbest POE switch you have to test with, one that will ignore VLAN settings, or that can stop things working unless you actually configure VLAN 6 on your switches etc :)

try just ok without entering a passcode
I have seen that work before

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ok, so somehow I have to make the phones to take the 46xxsettings. txt file... this is the only solution...

haha! it will be nice to make them work...
Thank you! :)

unfortunately not enough place for such a long password. I can only enter CRAFTAD#, maximum 7 characters...
in my case it is a 1616 phone

tftpd32 is a basic DHCP and TFTP server where you can set your option 242 for the phone and HFS is a basic HTTP server where you can get a generic 46xxsettings file and uncomment the "SET PROCPSWD" line and set it back to 27238. Put your PC and the phone on your own little private network to make it take your DHCP and settings file and you're done.

Finally I managed with tftpd32 and HFS and I changed the password in 46xxsettings. Thank you Kyle555! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back