Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread779-1105887

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpierceud

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
US
We have an application that uses the GreenTree DataMask. It is crashing on Windows XP and Windows 2003 when the user minimizes a form. It is the same problem referenced in thread779-1105887 by sparkyputerguy. Sparky, Did you development group find a solution?

If these pc's are 2003 server and XP sp2 then try checking the DEP settings. Rt click My computer/properties/advanced/performance settings/Data Execution Prevention and under "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" associate/add the GreenTree DataMask exe file causing the crash.

Paul

OK, We just tried changing our DEP settings. That didnt fix it. Is there any kind of log or error message that can give us more information on it? We are in a bind here as our developer is estimating 2 months coding time to replace the activex control. The company is out of business. We did manage to get a copy of the source code but it was missing some key files. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Go to the event viewer, rt click on my computer and select manage,expand the Event Viewer, click on application to see more details related to application errors and the os, same is true for security and system. Hope this points you in the right direction. Otherwise try the following URL's: Create a free account and submit your post to devolopers at Microsoft via: Good Day

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back