Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetBT Error 4311- thread779-1249246

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronan

Technical User
Jan 11, 2006
ME
Hi,
after more then two years I am starting this thread again, as unfortunately in all this past time I was unable to solve this Error 4311.
Try with MS forums, but all attempts were useless.Try to obtain this famous hotfix from MS and one forum specialized properly to help with hotfixes available only from MS, but without success.
To my experience this forum is the best and if I could not find assistance to solve this problem here, then is completely hopeless to try to solve it in another places.
Just to note, I am updated my XP wit SP-3, but this NetBT Eroor 4311 is always present.
To remainde you, hotfix to fix this error is kb 833747 .

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx>netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx>

That seems to be the correct command and it works for me.

I guess you can add it to the list of odd things happening on your machine? Maybe the command is failing because of the problems with the RAS Sync Adapter?

I'm running out of ideas here, short of a format and reinstall which you have probably already done?

Would it be worth your while installing Virtual PC with you current copy of XP (do not activate it) and see if the error about NetBt is there?

Virtual PC 2007

This error appear much erlier then I install Sound Card and ADSL, for this we have to exclude any connection of Sound Card and my NIC ADSL with this what is happening.Modem connection is for sure in relation wit NetBT Error 4311.
Try for the third time to effetuate "Repear in place" using slepstreamed XP S3 CD,but at the and my computer boot in Safe Mode and after 20 sec. again re-boot, but alwys in Safe Mode.
Deffinitly something is wrong, but what?
Do you racommand me to downgrade to SP2 and then through MS AU try to update to SP3 instead of method I've used with SP3 file of 316 MB.

With your computer booting in to Safe Mode, have you looked at the Boot.in file to see what switches are set in this line?

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

Safe-Mode Boot Switches for Windows Boot.ini File

Can you turn off Automatic Restarts and get a BSOD rather than constant restarts. This should be available via the other options on the Safe Mode screen.

I recommend that you save your data any way you can. Reformat and clean install XP, first with SP3, or if that fails at least with SP2.

Something like BartPE should be able to get your data off the drive, or another computer and insert the drive in there.

Cannot logon to winxp...losing lots of valuable documents
thread779-975236

This is my boot file:
[boot loader]
;timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
;timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
;C:\="Windows 98"
I'll try to turn off Automatic Restarts in Safe Mode and see for BSOD
I have saved all my important data on one externall drive.
Will see to do a "clean install' of XP SP3 if any serious difficulties appear in the near future.
Meanwhile if cannot find any valuable solution to solve yellow sign on RAS Adapter, I'll simply ignore this.

I hope that after any clean install and format all your errors go away, until then your welcome to keep us busy at Tek-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back