Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thoughts on US SIP Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshaw

Programmer
May 12, 2006
US
I have a client wanting SIP trunks as a fallback for their PRI. We will to connect over their existing Comcast Internet connection.

We have talked to a couple of providers, but need to know how well they work (or don't work). Which U.S. SIP providers have you had the best experience with?

Thanks,
Frank

PAETEC has been by far the best provider of all that we have used. So well, we have moved three customers from other vendors to them. PAETEC is not 100% but, they seem to have the best grasp.

Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

Does PAETEC allow you to have SIP trunks without their data service? BTW, PAETEC beomes Windstream sometime this month.

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine on the data side. I do not know all the rules. These accounts are primarily in the mid-west.

Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

I've also had good luck with Paetec, but always using their data service. Not sure if they'd allow it over Comcast internet. I'm sure they want to install their router and their internet service.

Paetec SIP trunks work well for my customers. Straight forward install and maint is good also. Had an issue with Verizon as the last mile once but Paetec and Verizon work to replace faulty hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back