Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This year's buzzwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

columb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
EU
This year's buzzwords according to the New York TimesThey're somewhat US biased - well, the NYT is a US paper after all - but I found them interesting.

Ceci n'est pas une signature
Columb Healy

Nope me either

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. ~ Nietzsche"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lolcats is the only one of these I recognise.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Yes, amazingly, we tend to coin a few phrases all the time.
It's just that this techno world has new descriptors that do not yet have general use. It's also called "lazy".

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

I've seen maybe a third of them, use one two

[blue]When birds fly in the correct formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.[/blue]

Buzzwords FTW, w00t!

[small]Sometimes you gotta leave your zone of safety. You have to manufacture Inspirado. You gotta get out of the apartment. You've got to run with the wolves. You've got to dive into the ocean and fight with the sharks. Or just treat yourself to a delicious hot fudge sundae........ with nuts. - Jack Black[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back