Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

They were found by a witness lying in the street 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthNone

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
US
If the witness was lying in the street, how did the witness find them?

Perhaps the hit-and-run driver hit three people (one of which was a witness). All three then ended up lying in the street, right?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Perhaps the witness was trying to take a nap but was still awake at the time of the accident.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read
FAQ181-2886
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

If a bus can read a paper then a witness can lie in the street.

Remember a classic example of misplaced modifiers?(We had this one in school many,many years ago).

The man missed his bus reading the paper.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

...lying in the street.
Is that any worse than prevaricating on a sidewalk?

[santa]Mufasa
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

I would prefer a witness that is honest over one lying anywhere.

Is this related to the antique table for sale by a lady with beautifully carved legs?

Chris

Someday I'll know what I'm donig...damn!

Lithuanian man, from Ilford, Essex
How can this be? Surely he was from Lithuania (maybe Vilnius, maybe not) and merely resided in Ilford

It is time for pacifists to stand up and fight for their beliefs.

HJGoldstein,

I'm certain it was a mis-print. What they meant was "Lithium-ion man, from Ilford, Essex"...he was arrested for battery. Other details: Religion -- Cathode; Politics -- electrolyte; Financial situation: solvent; Military status -- discharged; favorite toothpaste: polycarbon monoflouride. <grin>

[santa]Mufasa

Currently employed as a conductor no doubt. Perhaps he was the live wire who submitted the shocking advertisement: "Wanted - Bath for baby with copper bottom.

I remember this one from an old MAI post:

Stolen painting found by tree

Thanks,
Andrew

[smarty] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

==> Stolen painting found by tree
Obviously, a live oak tree.

--------------
Good Luck
FAQ181-2886
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Hitler, Nazi Papers Found in Attic

-- Francis
There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.
--Mark Twain

Newspaper headline said:
Police found safe under blanket

Newspaper headline said:
The matter is being investigated by the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Glasgow police.

Newspaper headline said:
Ditch Failed Child Support Agency

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

The linked thread reminded me of this ad I found in a local magazine:

coins.jpg

Those Romans sure went to a lot of trouble to hide their coins in an undiscovered country!

Most likely a copy and paste error from a UK advertisement...!

Annihilannic
[small]tgmlify - code syntax highlighting for your tek-tips posts[/small]

[hide]Those Romans sure went to a lot of trouble to hide their coins in an undiscovered country![/hide]
[hide]It wasn't the Romans that went to a lot of trouble with an undiscovered country, it was the Romulans (among others) that went to a lot of trouble for the undiscovered country.[/hide]

--------------
Good Luck
FAQ181-2886

Annihilannic, there are a lot of other britishisms in that ad. I can't ever remember seeing the word "whilst" in a main stream American publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back