Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the number is unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aribeiro73

Vendor
Nov 3, 2011
PT
Hi,

when making a call to a number not assigned by the operator, ipoffice rejects the call instead of playing the message "this number is not assigned" given by the operator. have tested BRI and PRI lines with the same result.
Did someone had the same experience and found some sort of resolution?

Many Thanks

It is the provider that drops the call and sends that ISDN cause code (cause code 1?). The reason you will have heard hear that recorded message is as the call must have been on analogue lines/a cell(mobile) and that's because they have no signalling messages by which to pass the information as ISDN does :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the replay. i attach a file with the call from monitor. You are right, but i think that the provider replay with the information and after disconect the call.

Sorry for the file is in portuguese, and thank you for the help

http://www.mediafire.com/?dd7g76l3sede6e1
If the provider does not play that prompt, which they didn't, there is no way to make the system, it was the provider that dropped the call and gave cause code 1 as the cause. There are over a hundred different cause codes I don't know any system that plays its own prompt to the caller when it receives one :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back