Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Goes Blurry, Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkprince

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
AU
Below is a link to an example of what happens.

I am using Photoshop 7.0 and when I am in a text layer, when I press 'Enter' to go down to write on the below line the text gets blurry. It is in the same text layer and seems to happen for no reason. Please can someone help, otherwise I'd have to make a new text layer for each new line, very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't seen anything like this before.

Is there a layer above your text layer?
Does it do that in all doccuments?
Have you tried cutting and pasting txt into the same layer?
Do you create a txt box or just click on the page and start typing?

If none of these produce a solution try holding shift when you press enter for your next line.

Please let me know how you get on.

Manic
-----------------------------
I've broken it again !!
lee.gale@virgin.net

Okay I answered the 4 things you asked.

Is there a layer above your text layer? - Nope, that document only had 2 layers, the background and the text layer.
Does it do that in all documents? - Yup, in every file.
Have you tried cutting and pasting txt into the same layer? - Copying and pasting does the same thing.
Do you create a txt box or just click on the page and start typing? - It does it for both creating a text box and clicking on the page.

This is really annoying. :(

Is it just your monitor, or does it print blurry?

If it prints ok has Adobe Gamma been reset?

Yes I saw the post and I don't know what it could be but I have to know, does it print blurred also?

If all else fails try resetting your prefs.

If that doesn't work, then I suspect you are pulling our collective leg.

How do I reset my prefs?

I'm not pulling your leg, I promise, I don't know what's going on. :(

Hit Shift+Ctrl+Alt (or Mac equivalent) a SPLIT second after you launch the program (it might take a few tries to get it, you have to be really quick) and you will get a dialogue box asking if you want to reset.

Warning though, it takes you back to as if when you first launched the program so all your custom settings will be lost.

hold down Shift+Alt+Ctrl when photoshop starts

Or locate and delete your photoshop prefs file

Manic
I've broken it again !!
lee.gale@virgin.net

What is the resolution of the graphic? It might be too low for that small of text. Try upping the resolution, then typing the same text. If you need the graphic that size, make sure you uncheck the constrain properties option. Just a thought, I've run into that problem before.

Nope, unfortunately not, no matter how big the dimensions are, or how big my font is it still blurs it.

And I haven't been able to do the Alt+Ctrl+Shift thing yet.

well in CS the pref file is in ...

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

Specifically the 'Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp' file; for v7 you should look in approx the same location.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Okay, thanks barehug, I found the prefs file and deleted now I'll see if it still does it. *checks*

Ahhh, *cries*, it still does it. :( I don't know what's going on, if noone can help maybe I will have to try reinstalling photoshop.

Thankyou everyone for your help though, you've been great.

What is your file resolution? Dimension really has nothing to do with it. If you have a resolution of only 72dpi, the text is going to look fuzzy at all sizes. Create a new file with the dimensions you require & select a resolution of 300 dpi & see if that makes a difference.

Wow, it doesn't go blurry!

But I was always told to use 72dpi. *confused*

But I don't understand, on 72dpi it isn't blurry on the first line so it still shouldn't go blurry once I more down should it?

72 DPI means 72 dots per inch, or 72 pixels per inch (depends how you were brought up) any way 72 DPI is only good for Web stuff where as 300 DPI is the industry standard for Print resolution. the more Dots (Pixels) per inch than the better the picture will look however the more dots per inch the bigger the file size, hence 300 is a manageable size.
It also depend on your screen rulling:
100# (line screen) x2 = 200DPI
150# (line screen) x2 = 300DPI

Marcus

72 DPI means 72 dots per inch, or 72 pixels per inch (depends how you were brought up) any way 72 DPI is only good for Web stuff where as 300 DPI is the industry standard for Print resolution. the more Dots (Pixels) per inch than the better the picture will look however the more dots per inch the bigger the file size, hence 300 is a manageable size.
It also depend on your screen rulling:
100# (line screen) x2 = 200DPI
150# (line screen) x2 = 300DPI

Marcus

Well I never print any of my art, I do digital art and submit it at deviantart on the internet. What resolution do you suggest that I use, 72dpi or 300dpi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back