Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Goes Blurry, Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkprince

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
AU
Below is a link to an example of what happens.

I am using Photoshop 7.0 and when I am in a text layer, when I press 'Enter' to go down to write on the below line the text gets blurry. It is in the same text layer and seems to happen for no reason. Please can someone help, otherwise I'd have to make a new text layer for each new line, very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

I can't think of any reason why working at 72ppi would make your second line of text blurry (on screen, I'm talking). Something is very odd there.

Have you tried changing the antialiasing method on the 72ppi text to see what happens? (I'm just clutching at straws here).

Oh, thanks, now it's getting closer.

It only goes blurry for the settings 'Smooth' and 'Strong'. But stays normal for 'None', 'Crist', and 'Sharp'.

If dimoj is on to something with antialias, I guess I still don't understand why both lines are not effected on the same layer.

It's a wierd but interresting problem that I would like to know how to duplicate.

I can't understand that either mscallisto!

This is more intriguing than an Agatha Christie novel.

darkprince - would you care to post a .psd document with the problem, to your web server, so we can download it and see if the same thing shows up on our machines?

Got it bro.

It's the font you are using. It's an FFF. (Font for Flash).

Heres some info from the Fonts For Flash user guide:

Our fonts are specifically designed to work best in Macromedia Flash. The guidelines on this userguide must be followed in order to ensure that the fonts are displayed correctly.

These fonts may be used in other graphic programs as well, although their correct display cannot be guaranteed as they have been designed particularly for Flash. Should you wish to use these fonts in other graphic programs such as Adobe Photoshop, please ensure that Antialias is turned off.

The best way to ensure a correct display in other programs is to type your text in Flash, make an image out of it and bring the image into the graphics software that you are using.

MYSTERY SOLVED!

The butler did it.

It does it for every font, even fonts such as arial and such.

Thanks dimoj, when I read that I thought for certain you were right, but was sadly disapointed. :(

So yeah, it does it for every font.

I take it it's just Photoshop that has the problem all other programs like Illustrator, or Corel (if you have it), work ok?

Is it always the first line in the layer?

If you made a new layer for each line, does it still do it then?

Does it still do it when, instead of pressing return (enter) to get to the next line, press shift return (enter)?

maybe a reinstall is in question. because I can't reproduce it

Marcus

I take it it's just Photoshop that has the problem all other programs like Illustrator, or Corel (if you have it), work ok?: Yup, just photoshop.

Is it always the first line in the layer?: It's always everyline after the first line. 2nd line, 3rd line, 4th line, and so on are all blurry.

If you made a new layer for each line, does it still do it then?: If I make a new layer for every line no it isn't blurry, but that is highly inconvenient when you have quite a large number of lines to write.

Does it still do it when, instead of pressing return (enter) to get to the next line, press shift return (enter)?: Yes it does still do it.

maybe a reinstall is in question. because I can't reproduce it: Yes I may have to resort to this if there is no other option available.

--------

Maybe you could post a version using a common font, like Arial - that we will all have, so we can edit the font and see what happens?

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back