Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Testing PMS port

Status
Not open for further replies.

grifc

Programmer
Jan 4, 2008
LC
Is there an application that can be used to test the PMS interface on a meridian system?

The PMSI connection between the meridian 1 option 61C meridian mail and a hotel's property management system is not functioning. The supplier of the property management system claims that they have tested and confirmed that their serial ports are ok. I have also tested my PMS port on the M1 by reconfiguring the port as just a background port and typing the commands manually and this works fine.

I would prefer a more conclusive way of testing the port by leaving it configured as PMS BGD, can any one assist.

Thanks,
Grifc

i would remove the pms system, leave your laptop on the port and so a maid in room code from a station, that will send a txt msg to that serial port.. (i hate that feature)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This problem has been resolved apparently there is an issue with the 4 port paddle boards supporting PMS. Changed to a 2 port all ok now.

Thanks
grifc

Thanks
grifc

I still say never trust a system with initals PMS...

Knowledge: Your number one stupidity condom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back