Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

teleworker at 'applications loading' for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcoo

MIS
Nov 26, 2009
CA
Hello:

I have a Mitel 3300 system with 5330e phones. Some of my phones connect over pubic internet in teleworker mode.

One of these teleworker phones, when it boots up, stays in 'applications loading' for over an hour. One day it was five hours before the key labels appeared.
My other teleworker phones are fully booted up in a minute or two, so what could be the problem with this one? The user has tested her home internet and she is getting at least 15 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up. Is this enough?

Note: I have already replaced the phone set, and that hasn't helped the problem.

Thanks,
Jim

I would suspect the user's internet gateway may be blocking a required port, most likely 6880, which is the port used for loading the phone apps on the 53xx series sets.

Thanks for the response, but if the gateway was blocking 6880, wouldn't they stay in 'applications loading' forever? This user's phone eventually finishes the bootup, it just takes hours longer than the other phones.

Thx
Jim

perhaps its her router that is impeding the traffic?

you could also try changing the MBG blocksize - we normally lower ours to 1024

15/2 is heaps for one phone user

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

For blocksize, you mean TFTP blocksize? Will I have to change settings on the phones, too?

Thanks for your responses, but this problem is still going on.

The only MBG blocksize I know if is the TFTP blocksize, and that only affects loading firmware. In my case the firmware loads up just fine. If there is some other blocksize, let me know about where I can adjust the setting.

One thing new I found out is that the problem only occurs after the 80th phone is connected as a teleworker. Up to 80 phones and they connect quickly. After we have 80 connected, the phones display 'waiting for ack' for hours and then 'applications loading' for several more hours.

Any idea what would make the connection so slow after 80 phones are connected? It's not a license problem because I have 96 licenses and if it was licenses it would never connect...
thx

Elaborate on your license situation, do you have UCC licenses (MiCollab) or stand along Teleworker licenses? I've experienced similar issues where the user account in MiCollab was not properly assigned a UCC Bundle.

@Nilson Diaz - Unless the TW phone is in SIP mode, how would SIP ALG have any affect on the TCP handshake? Jimcoo, are you in generic out-of-the-box MiNET Teleworker mode?

-b

Have you tried taking her non functioning teleworker home and trying it? Quick way to eliminate her home setup.

You can't duct tape stupid.

Thanks for your suggestions, but all my users have the UCC licence. Also, I have 96 TW licenses, and I have only about 80 phones connected by TW.
I think I am in out of the box MINET mode, as my TW configuration is just to enter the TW gateway ip address.

I don't think the user's home setup is the issue as it happens to other users who disconnect their phones and have to reconnect.

Thanks,
Jim

Should have asked earlier but what software versions are you running ( MiVB and MBG )?

My MBG is at 8.1.25.0 what is MiVB?

Thanks,
Jim

MBG 8.1 - <<--- There's your problem. 5330e is not supported at that version

MiVB = 3300 or MCD.

MBG 8.1 lines up with MCD version 4.1

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Remote phones use the MBG for their bootload

The matching load for MiVB 7.0 would be MBG 9.0 (both release in March of 2015.

I would further suggest an upgrade of both to at least 7.2 or 8.0 and equivalent MBG 9.4

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

correct thats why i asked , you should always make sure the mbg is matching the MIVB ( MCD ) version or problems liek this happen

The MBG does not need to match the MiVB but the release notes on the MBG need to be referenced to ensure its compatible with the MiVB load

If its not broke tweak it..

yeah yeah thats what i meant , make sure the MBg suits the MiVb version

probably would have picked it up earlier if they started the post with software levels

devil is in the detail

If its not broke tweak it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back