Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

telephony is down Hd2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kattoussa

Technical User
Apr 19, 2013
TN
hello,
the openstage shows telephony is down Hd2, what can be the problem and how can i resolve that? thanks

When that happens, it is usually some type of a networking issue. For me, it is usually the POE switch is down or our DHCP services stop working.

I searched for this error code i found that it is an incompatible Security profile what does mean that?

If my POE switch goes down there is no power to the phone so I don't get any messages :)

If there is an option to do so in the phone, select none for security and see if that helps. I have never used anything but the defaults for most of the parameters in the phones, with the exception of station ID, gateway ID, etc.

If you guys are running QoS (and I am NOT proficient in this subject) does your network have VLANs set up? If so, maybe your phone is getting a connection and is seeing the gateway just fine, but is not connecting to telephony because the VLAN or QoS settings are wrong. I don't have that set up yet on our network (but it will be coming very soon when we upgrade everything), but think it would be worth consideration.

You could do a factory reset on one of the phones, just put in the station number and gateway IP, and see if it comes up and works. If it works with the bare minimum of configuration you must be turning on some function you don't need. (the factory reset PW on optipoint phones is 124816. I don't know if there is one on openstage yet).

Just some ideas to ponder....

hello,
what does mean 3CX phone system and 3CX phone must be located in the same LAN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back