Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tele-Conferencing System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueE

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2001
GB
Hi,
Our company are looking at entering into an agreement with a company to provide us with tarrifed teleconfercing facilities.

As we are quite a large firm I'm wondering whether it would be cheaper to purchase a Teleconferencing System. Does anyone have any information on this kind of thing expecially rough price so that I can tell whether the idea could ever get of the ground.

Thanks
Paul

Avaya's Audio Conferencing System is excellant and is something you should consider before getting into a contract for conferencing services. You can get details off the web (search "audio conferencing system").

When Lucent had the product they offered a Return on Investment tool, but I can't find that in Avaya's web site.

Good luck.

Avaya has Multipoint conferencing unit MCU which is a Audio/Video conferencing system . It can be used as an standalone product also, The unit is made on the similar platform like Definity SCC (incl. commands also.) the best part of the product is that the system can function as both the Audio & as Video conferencinf system.

Regards
:)

You might check the systems offered by Forum Communications. Their web site is
I have installed the CONFERII, 12 port configuration at our facility. We compared voice quality of this system versus the conference call set up by AT&T, our users could not distinguish one system from the other.

Looking into having an in-house conferencing system. Can anyone provide some info into the price of a small system.

Roche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back