Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TD1232 & TVP100 Day/Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebit

MIS
Feb 21, 2008
AU
Now that I'm able to connect to the phone system and am able to access my vps. I have done a quick setup, Assigned mailboxes to everybody, setup groups. Im able to leave messages in mailboxs if the handset is setup to foward calls to the VPS. But i can't get the system to pick up external calls if the call isn't answered. In other words my day night service doesn't seem to be working. My phone system is setup to auto swithing and I think my vps is also setup to auto switching for Day/Night. I think I've left something out. I read somewhere that the the phone system is capable of sending all external calls to Voicemail if the extensions don't answer after 3 or 4 rings having to program each handset individually. This is not happening. Any guidance would be appreciated.

you need to fwd busy /no answer each ext to 165

Does this mean I have to set each hand set or does this mean I can do it through the pabxs main console. If its the main console whats the program no.? And can I divert all extensions?

The last time I checked, you had to walk to each extension and dial 710x 165 and maybe #.

The TDA lets you do it from the programming console.

LkEErie

above a -4 you can do the fwd b/na for each ext from the blue screen or ppd but you may have to do a system reset after to take affect. and if you do have a -4 or higher i'dd
make the forward lights solid instead off blinking while you are in there....

You need to setup (intercept night) to goto 165 (voicemail)
make sure to setup the timer aswell to be 3 or 4 rings.
You should do the same for day to so that if no one answer in the day time it goes to the Auto Attendant.
Another trick would be to use the DIL table to delay right to the voicemail ports. That may work as well.

Good luck

that trick that you decribed in dil:n will not work on
TD

If I'm reading the original post correctly, the phone is already conditionally forwarded to 165. I think it's intercept routing you're looking for. Go to program 409 and 410 and put 165 as your intercept destination for the desired trunk groups. Then go to program 203 and set your number of rings before intercept to voicemail kicks in.

If nobody picks up a yet to be answered inbound call, after the intercept timer expires the call will route to 165. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH YOUR DEFAULT ROUTING IN YOUR CUSTOM SERVICE MENUS. If you have the 'no dtmf' action set to go to a phone, and that phone is not answered, nor forwards to its specific mailbox, you will have a perpetual loop. The call will cycle from ringing the 'no dtmf' target set and back to the main menu, back to the no dtmf set, etc, etc.

(this of couse begs two questions: The outside caller has already hung up and you don't have CPC enabled on the line port (program 415) or the telco did not send the CPC signal to you.)

Pat MacKinnon
Omni telecommunications Inc.,
London, Ontario, Canada
e: [ pat & omnitel , ca ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back