Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAPI: How can i add/remove SkillSets using TAPI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

diembi

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
ES
Hello,
My Telephony environment is composed by:
- Nortel Meridian
- S.Symposium.
- Symp. Tapi Service Provider.

I need the agent can be logged in one, or two, or three, or ... SkillSets and add/remove SkillSets while the agent is logged. Is possible do it with TAPI??

Thanks.

dmb

u can do this with the symposium Call center server, and add agents and agents dont need to log out for changes to take effect.
Hope it helps
pankaj

Ok,
but i need do it through CTI.
I'm developing a CTI app where agent have a window where appear a icon for every service (skillSet). When the agent click in a icon he/she is logged in the skill asociated. For example: if the agent has 4 icons i need that he/she select one of them and in that moment send a TAPI invoke that log in that skillset.
I can't use the symposium Call center server to do that, is my application who must do it.

Thanks.

TAPI does know nothing about skillsets, 'cause TAPI is the API, and skillset is just a NN call distribution solution.
However you can try other interfaces SCCS does provide.

Hello borjomez,
I know that don't exist any direct skillset tractment through TAPI. But is possible send a sentence via makeCall to Nortell that modifies the distributor groups in the skillsets. In other words, is possible use the phone manually and add/remove skills in Nortel Meridian environtment? I ask you this because in Avaya Definity is possible send a dial sentence that modifies the Skill adding/removing ACD groups.

Thanks a lot.

dmb

maybe definity has embedded callcenter control utility? Symposium is the separate application on separate server, that's why no setup can be made using dialpad of the phone.

Thanks borjomez,
Do you know where can i found documentation about Nortel Meridian?

dmb

Sorry,
I forgot ask you other question.
The phones in a Meridian environment has a button to send dial numbers and letters while a call is active.
Can that dial execute actions?

Thanks

dmb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back