Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TAC problem...Service type??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
I am running into a problem trying to use my TAC for my trunk group. I have the dialplan ana set up correctly and I believe my cor is correct.

What I am seeing now is that when I try to change the trunk group dial access to "Y" it says I am not allowed due to "Service Type". My service type is set to cbc (Call by call) and was done so before I arrived.

Can I just change this to somethig else that will allow me to use my TAC? Or are they not even related?

Yeah I know that now. But does my TG HAVE to be a cbc TG? Or can I change it to something like public network? Is the cbc something AT&T sets up or more likely something my switch is using to route calls?

Can't dial a TAC on an isdn trunk group. Why are you wanting to dial tac's anyway?

-CL

I have been getting complaints about static on some lines. So I want to test each trunk in the trunk group individually because it seems to be very sparodic.

The Facility Test Calls Access Code seems to give me the same result.

If you can divert traffic from using this PRI, you can always dispable all b channels and test one at a time. If you can divert you could always test after hours. I would be supprised that you have a individual channel problem, but its possible. Also look at "list measurements ds1 log xxxxx (ds1 board)" for errors overr the last 24 hours.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back