Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Change TAC/AAR for Interoffice dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
BS
Hi

There are 4 sites, 3 with IP offices and 1 with a G450 Communications Manager. I recently setup IP Office #3, which can dial internal extensions for the other 3 sites fine. The G450 CM is also able to dial to the new IP Office #3, however, the only way its able to dial internally to IPO #3 is by dialing the 4 Digit (which is 3 digits too long) TAC number to access that trunk.

When I try to change the TAC number, its telling me to check my dial plan, I want to be able to dial 8 then the 3-digit extension that starts with 4, so a user would press 8406 to reach a person at IPO #3. 8 is currently my FAC for the AAR and in the AAR the following is listed:

Image_erkfkr.jpg

405, 406, 407 and 408 are the extensions for the users at IPO #3. When I dial for example 8408, it says on the screen the name of the trunk its trying to route through (which seems to be the correct one) followed by the 4-digit TAC number and a beeping tone. Either way, I know the trunk is working since I can dial through it internally using the TAC to reach IPO #3, but I can't modify it or use the AAR to get through. Feel free to ask about anything I didn't cover here and I'll do what I can to get the answer for you, since I have remote access to them.

oh, and I see you posted "change aar digit-conversion lo..."
There's AAR digit conversion per location and there's also location" all"

So, list aar digit-conversion - don't put a location after it - there might be something in there too

Hey, it seems to be working now after changing the aar analysis call type from "aar" to "pubu", I can use 8 to dial out now. Can anyone explain why that works?

No idea. Post the trace? The calltype can change the numbering format to determine what's sent out on the trunk. Never seen that make the TAC be sent too, but you never know

This is a trace with it working dialing 8 first:

Working_with_8_hiedts.png

Working_with_8_-_2_magybj.png

Well, calltypes can define numbering format. I'm pretty sure it would work if you left the calltype aar and set the numbering format in the bottom right of the route pattern to lev0-pvt, but i've never seen anything like what you posted where the TAC is inserted into the dialed digits. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back