Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-Mobile Curve standby issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvansuch

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2002
US
Anybody heard of a T-Mobile Curve going into standby on its own? No holster, no standby apps installed. Happens randomly. OS 4.5

It's my boss's Curve and he's traveling, so, right now I don't know if it's fully charged. It happens intermittently, but I will check with him on the battery level when it next occurs. He has another Curve with Sprint that I'll have him swap batteries with to test out. That Sprint Curve is 2 months old and I know that battery is good.

Interesting thought on the battery. Blackberry & T-Mobile have no idea and did not suggest the battery as a possible cause. 2 other BB users on other forums mentioned the battery just like you did.

I'll post any update if the battery is/isn't the problem.

I totally forgot about this post guys. T-Mobile simply replaced the BB, including a new battery and of course everything works fine with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back