Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

T-1 question on norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizerath

Vendor
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have always used a full 24 port (pri 23 port) T1 on a norstar system and had no trouble at all. I now have a client that wants to use 1 T-1 for data and voice. He wants to give me only 6-8 ports to use for voice. My question is, Can the norstar use only a few ports or does it need the full 24 channel T1? If so, How would I Shut off the other ports so to not hit them when dialing out?
Thank you in advance.

I used an adtran TSU to split the network before it went into the DTI Card. you HAVE TO HAVE channel 24 (the d channel) and so in the case I set up we passed channels 17-24 thru the TSU and disabled channels 1-16 in the MICS.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

This can and is done at smaller sites.In maint deprovision the channels you are not going to use.

Thank you for the help. This customer wants to go full T-1 now. They keep changing their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back